For two whole weeks, we’ve talked about one thing: Tartine Bread (Gluten-Free and Paleo friends, no worries! We haven’t become a full gluten blog! We’re still a full fermentation blog!). Still, believe it or not, we’ve only scratched the surface of the goodness that is Tartine Bread. I recommend that you buy the book, or at least, that you grab a copy of it from your local library. It’s worth it. The photos are excellent, the instructions and details are fascinating and the fermentation information is rock solid.
One of you, though, can win it here! Just use the Rafflecopter below to win a copy. Continental US only. Contest ends Monday, March 9th at 11:59pm EST.
Good luck and please let me know in the comments how you’re doing on each step of this process. The links to every step are at the bottom of this post.
- Get started with Step 1 of Sourdough Starter School
- What your starter will look like after 24 hours of fermentation
- Step 2 (Days 3-7) – Stabilizing Your Starter
- Why You Should Do a “Low-proportion” Sourdough Feeding
- 4 Things to Make with Excess Starter
- Getting Ready to Actually Bake! Equipment and Starter Health Check
- Preparing the Leaven
- Mixing the Dough and Bulk Fermentation
- Dividing, Shaping, Final Rise
- Baking and Cooling
- Tartine Bread Giveaway!!!